IMPORTANT UPDATE July 2017 – New EFL Funds available
The Independent Living Centre of WA has Equipment for Living (EFL) grant funding from the Department of Communities (formerly DSC) to continue the program until June 2018. Please note we have limited funds and due to an increased demand, and to ensure the funds last the remainder of the year, only basic and essential items will be considered. Items assessed as low priority, such as scooters and manual wheelchairs for community access may be waitlisted, or not approved. Please refer to the new grant forms below as there have been some changes.
Equipment for Living Grants (EFL) are available to assist eligible people to obtain vital equipment not currently available through the CAEP or other support programs. The grants will provide essential items that enable individuals with disabilities to have increased participation within their homes and communities. The maximum individual grant is $6,000. Please refer to the application form for eligibility criteria.
The following is a list or examples of equipment that may be considered:
- Wheelchairs for community access or as an alternative to a primary mobility device
- Specialised car seats and occupant restraints
- Electrically adjustable beds or specialised beds. e.g. Bariatric beds
- Alternative seating or seating to facilitate transfers
- Standing frames where CAEP funding is not available
- Environmental controls and other emerging technologies
- Assistive communication technology or mainstream technology with inbuilt accessibility features
- Equipment for alternative living arrangements e.g. Shared custody
- Items to support client safety outside the home
- Small home modifications where CAEP funding is unavailable
Please download the latest EFL Grant Application form. The same form is available in different formats. (Revised August 2017)
PDF versionEFL Individual Grant Application Information Pack Type-in Word document form EFL Individual Grant Application Information Pack - Type in Print Version of Word document EFL Individual Grant Application Information Pack
For further information or enquiries, or to request a Grant Application Pack to be mailed to you.